What we believe
- The 66 books of the Holy Bible are the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God. They are our supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. This, our statement of faith, is always subject to the Scriptures.
- God created the entire universe ex nihilo (“out of nothing”), and man from the dust of the earth to be a special creature bearing His image.
- In the unity of the Deity there are three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, are co-equal and co-eternal, while relating to each other, and revealing themselves to us, as three distinct persons, with distinct activities and accomplishments.
- We believe in the virgin birth, sinless life, miraculous works, and substitutionary atoning death of the Lord Jesus Christ, God incarnate (in the flesh). We believe that He arose from the dead in essentially the same physical body in which He died. In its resurrection, His body was glorified. This glorious resurrection is a sign of the defeat of death by the victorious Christ.
- We confess our own and every human being’s desperate need for salvation. Every person outside of Christ’s redemption is utterly guilty and corrupt before a Holy God. The new birth (regeneration) is absolutely essential for salvation.
- Salvation is by God’s loving, free grace in Christ. It is received by grace alone through faith alone, in Christ alone. Good works give evidence of true faith, but cannot merit God’s saving grace.
- The Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, is given to and indwells each true Christian as the “earnest” of his or her inheritance.
- On a day known to no man, the Lord Jesus Christ will return bodily to earth in glory. This event will be manifest to all mankind.
- There will be a bodily resurrection and final judgment by God of every person who has ever lived, which will result in everlasting bliss for His elect and everlasting torment in the lake of fire for the impenitent, those whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- The Church Universal, or Body of Christ, consists of all those united to Jesus Christ their only Head by His Spirit and by faith. Such are also united to one another. This organic unity is neither established nor obstructed by human organization, and it is not destroyed by disagreement among church members on doctrines secondary to these essentials.
- Congregations or associations of congregations abandoning all or some of these essentials, but which formerly held to them, are churches tending to apostasy. A cult is typically a religious organization the tenets of which are substitutes for all or some of these essentials, and it confessionally opposes them. Cults typically view salvation (however they define salvation) as inseparably connected to cult membership.
- There is a personal, malevolent being called Satan. We acknowledge the existence of demons, and of God’s holy angels.
Who we are
Our board of directors
Senior Researcher, MCOI
Joy A. Veinot, Vice President
Midwest Christian Outreach
L.L. (Don) Veinot, Jr., President
Midwest Christian Outreach
What we do
- Speakers from Midwest Christian Outreach, Inc. (MCOI) can speak in your local churches, conferences and special events. Our topics: the Christian worldview, un-Biblical beliefs, cults, false religions and more.
- We have years of experience hosting seminars on these topics for your church or organization.
- We have issues — lots of them! Every three months we send our free quarterly Midwest Christian Outreach Journal to about 2,000 subscribers.
- Our “UNDERGROUND” program is designed especially for high-schoolers, to learn about boots-on-the-ground faith and fighting for truth in love in today’s anti-Christian world.
- We distribute literature, tapes and videos essential for understanding and engaging false beliefs, both within and outside the church.
- Do you need help getting out of a cult or spiritually oppressive group? What about a family member or a friend? If so, consider getting counseling, or help from our intervention services.
- Whenever possible, we provide personalized teaching and training to those who request it.
- We host a weekly apologetics Bible study on most Tuesday evenings.
- Need more information about a questionable group, teaching or practice? Check with our research services department and we’ll do our best to look it up.
- Our staff and volunteers are available for radio, television and newspaper interviews on various topics.
- Finally, though we focus on proclaiming the essentials of the Christian faith, we occasionally produce position papers on other controversial issues.
References and endorsements
It is a pleasure to recommend the ministry of Don and Joy Veinot. Their telephone hotline ministry is both unique and effective. It is reaching people that the average church does not even touch.
I have personally been involved with the Veinots and know their effectiveness “up close and personal.” They are dedicated, knowledgeable, and biblical.
The Late Dr. Norman L. Geisler, co-founder
Southern Evangelical Seminary
Charlotte, North Carolina
I’ve worked with Don Veinot on a number of occasions through the years, and have always enjoyed his insightful presentations on a variety of important issues facing the church today. He is a formidable Christian apologist. I highly recommend both him and his ministry.
Dr. Ron Rhodes
President, Reasoning from the Scriptures Ministries
Midwest Christian Outreach is a labor of love for those who have been ensnared by false teachings and extremist groups. I heartily recommend the ministry of Don and Joy Veinot and MCOI.
Rob Bowman, Christian author
Fight the good fight MCO!! This article thoroughly exposes the dark and deceptive new age origins of the Enneagram, its…
Don and Joy, Well written and a view of “evangelicalism” growing in many sectors today. They throw “white supremacy” and…
Hello, Deborah, thank you so much for reading this and for your comment. Yes, this has been seeping into the…
I’ve just come across your articles and am very thankful for your clear exposé on the problem with contemplative prayer…
Greetings, I appreciate your zeal. Even so, there is a difference between attempting to answer the question of how god…